Saturday, April 04, 2009

What do you do on General Conference Saturdays?


Britta decided to try and make a white cake covered with two colors of fondant. She has never made a white cake before, nor has she made fondant. She was having a blast, molding the covering with her tongue sticking out half the time. She calls it "amateurish". I call it "mmmm".
I am trying to subtly start a tradition of cinnamon rolls and orange juice for breakfast on Saturday with family pizza night following the Priesthood session. The Pizza tradition started with my dad and my older brothers, and I am trying to keep it in their honor despite our separations to different states. I hope you guys keep it up, too! The cinnamon rolls are just a new thing because I like them.
Do you have any family traditions for General Conference?

3 comments:

nettie said...

we usually have sticky rolls sunday morning (although I haven't purchased the ingredients yet http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,151173-255200,00.html )

we always try to go out, but it was hard in houston with the time, so we usually go out between the saturday session and the priesthood session. It's always rushed, pacific time zone has the best time schedule for conference.

Scott said...

I agree. Being done with Saturday night Priesthood session by 7 is great!

Stacey Kirchner said...

Traditions? Well while the men are at Priesthood session, my four sisters, Mom and I would go out to dinner. Well now it's just Mom and myself, along with my kids, but it's still fun. Sunday morning we all get together for brunch at my parents, watch conference, have shrimp, cheese and crackers for snack, watch conference again, and have a nice dinner. We're definitely food people! Good job on the cake, Britta!