Friday, April 24, 2009

Sh-Boom

36 weeks today! Hurray! This little girl is in no hurry to get here.
When I told Scott that she was transverse breech, he layed out with his hands behind his head and his feet up, "Like this?" This little girl is hanging out like I'm her own personal hammock. During my appointment yesterday, the doctor said I was measuring small, so she decided to do an ultrasound to check on some measurements. When we got in the ultrasound room, every time the doctor was trying to get measurements, the baby would kick the sensor out of the way, over and over. It started to get so funny I had to laugh, which didn't make it any easier. They had me do a "no-stress" test, too, where I sat for 20 minutes while they monitored the baby's heart, and she passed that with flying colors. In fact the nurse said, "That is one of the most perfect no-stress test results I've seen in a long time."

Ever since then I've had the "Sh-Boom" song (aka "Life could be a dream") in my head. It seemed like a fitting soundtrack for a baby in the womb who's living large, in no hurry to get out and teases us by kicking away instruments that disrupt her personal watery pea pod. The verdict of all my tests? My baby is healthy, but small. The current prediction is she's 5 lbs 3 oz. Small, but not critically. I'm not too worried about the breech part. She'll flip when she's ready.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

You still look fabulous! Do you feel like your lung capacity is half what it should be? That's when I knew it was almost over! Can't wait to see this little girl.

Akie said...

Wow, Britta, you look awesome! How is it that you can still get into those pants? Good luck to you in the birth and life after baby!

nettie said...

i hope when i am 36 weeks i am as small as you. morgan measured really small too, and then she was 3 weeks late. i hope your little one isn't that late. (in the end they decided that the due date had been wrong--the reason they let her go that far over).

i bet you are getting pretty excited.