Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nesting?

With the combination of a new first house, a new first baby, a new first yard, and our first ant infestation, I'm not sure if my current passions are just me or if it's my nesting instinct kicking in.

I'm very excited to make our lawn look good and start a garden. My seedlings started sprouting yesterday! Scott calls them my little green babies.
Part of my nesting instinct I believe is this desire to make baked sweets. Unfortunately half the time I don't want to eat them. Just make them and make them pretty.

I mentioned the ant infestation because it's leading me to maintain a different level of cleanliness in the kitchen sink than I normally do, and cleaning is one of the most common nesting instincts I've heard about (and something I'm admittedly not good at).

I've had the urge to sew things, however, the lack of a sewing machine easily puts a damper on those urges.

I've also started working on the baby's room/my office. It's going to be a cozy room with too much stuff, but I'll post pictures when it starts looking presentable.

2 comments:

K.E.N said...

Those treats don't have to go to waste if your husband can't eat all of them. We will what you can't because that's what good friends do for each other, they sacrifice.

Amy said...

those cupcakes look beautiful, and I love your garden!