Friday, May 13, 2011

So Big

I think I'm incapable of going to sleep before midnight when Scott is out of town. That being said, I thought I'd share with you some pregnancy stuff. I know, your favorite :)

Today I got my first comment EVER about how big I am. I never even got that with my first pregnancy, but in retrospect, there were unfortunate reasons I was small. The comment went something like this:

Neighbor - "You're so big! You're not even six months yet, are you?"
Me - "No, I'm around five months"
Neighbor - "Gosh, you must be having a big boy."
Me - smile with a slightly perplexed look on my face.

Her comment didn't bother me, because I'm really not that big yet, but it got me thinking. I assume I'm bigger this time around because it's my second pregnancy and hopefully the baby is growing normally, which wasn't the case with Grace.

So I took a photo of myself (I'm at 22 weeks) and compared it to my Grace photos.

I'm about the same size I was at 24 weeks with Grace. Pretty much right on schedule. Plus I just had an appointment today and everything is right as it should be.

I decided that maternity shirts make you look bigger. I was wearing one today.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, so here's the thing: a beautiful person is always beautiful, regardless if she is pregnant or not. And you are! But I can't remember that you had problems with your last pregnancy? Did I miss something?

Britta said...

Grace's placenta was mutated into two lobes. She was only getting nutrients from half of it. The placenta failed at 37 weeks and I had to be induced. That lead to my pre-eclampsia. That's why Grace was only 5 pounds and my placenta was brown and shriveled when it came out. If I hadn't been induced, chances are neither Grace nor I would have survived for more than 2-3 more days.

Emily said...

You look great! And I agree; maternity shirts make pregnant bellys pop out. I "popped" as soon as I put a maternity shirt with Ivan.

Alisha said...

you speak the truth about maternity shirts.
i do not think you look big at all. i think you look perfect and it makes me feel pitty in my stomach b/c i love it soooooooo much. weird.

)en said...

What? I look like that after dinner. I "pop" after 3 slices o' pizza.

Sarah Peterson said...

oh my goodness- you are so so tiny it is crazy! It is funny that she thought you were big. I like it when people think I look pregnant too. I don't like the thought that I just look like I ate too big a meal ;(

Stacey Kirchner said...

Okay, you are so NOT big! Man alive, your neighbor needs to see me preggo! I am HUGE! One lady even asked me when I was pregnant with my last one if I was having triplets. People can be so dumb sometimes! :)