Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tulips everywhere

By the end of this week, Grace and I needed a good escape to uplift our spirits. So we caught the leftovers of the Tulip Festival that officially ended a week ago.

As I suspected, Grace's favorite parts were the water features, splashing and throwing rocks


And feeding the fish.

When I looked at the hundreds of koi fish climbing on each other for the food pellets, I felt like I was watching an M.C. Escher drawing live.

Grace called this her "castle." Below she's beckoning me to join her.

We played ring-around-the-rosie over and over again in the castle.

One of my favorites of the 16 different gardens we visited is the secret garden. Here is Grace trying to close the door on her way out.

Tulips were everywhere. It was fantastic, breathtaking, and refreshing.

Grace really knows how to soak it all in.

We ended the day chillin' by the waterfalls. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

holy moly. where is this? it's soooooo pretty!

Britta said...

Thanksgiving Point Gardens:

Check it out here.

Stacey Kirchner said...

Pretty, pretty flowers!