Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the first day of Christmas...

Happy 1st Day of Christmas! My sister-in-law is counting down the days to Christmas on her blog with her favorite things and I think it's a great idea! I love having a blog to look forward to every day, so I am returning the delight to anyone who enjoys reading blogs. I will be counting down things that make me happy, whether seasonal or not.

First of all (tangent), can you believe there are less than 12 days to Christmas!!! Holy cow! What happened to the last two weeks?!

Now, down to the business of happiness. What makes me happy? Being me. I love my life. I love what I know and who I know and who I am.

Scott took dozens of photos of me in this dress, most of them with me trying to be serious, like the Queen of Hearts. The only photos that look decent are the ones where I dropped the facade and just did what I wanted to do.

Being me hasn't always made me happy, it's been just recently that I've been able to recognize how satisfied I am with my life. Maybe it has something to do with being 30. Maybe it has to do with being the mom of the cutest girl on record or being married to the perfect man. Perhaps it's recognizing how many blessings and talents I've been given by Heavenly Father. It might also have to do with having awesome friends and neighbors. Whatever it is, I'm happy with me, and that makes me happy.

4 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

I'm happy with you too:) And I'm super happy that I get to see you so soon!
love,
Emily

p.s. on a funny note, the word verification for this is "benestr." It reminded me of the Spanish word, "bienestar" which means: well-being.

Alisha said...

love that pic and love you too.

Emily said...

I was so excited that I would be seeing a new blogpost daily! When is the next one coming? :)

Britta said...

Ack! I'm so bad! I'm on it now.