Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2nd Day ... yeah.

(We're going to pretend I actually posted this on Wednesday, he he he.)

I love to hang out. You may not know this about me, but I have a certain level of social anxiety. However, when I am at home or in a familiar setting with Scott and friends or family, I bask in happiness.

For some strange reason, when I am the hostess, even if I don't know everyone well, my social anxiety is less. You'd think it would be the other way around, huh? Not for me. I'd much prefer to host a big gathering of strangers than go by myself to a gathering of acquaintances. Anyway, I divert.

What makes me happy is hanging out. It's stress-free. It's relaxed. It's fun to watch the kids run around and play together.

These pictures are from Scott's birthday weekend. It was a great weekend for hanging out. Especially hanging out by a fire. That makes me extra happy.

2 comments:

Kristen P. said...

I feel socially awkward, too. I completely understand that anxiety. We just got back from a Christmas party at a friends house. I almost didn't go because it won't stop snowing here and so my parents didn't come to babysit. I did find a sitter and I'm glad I went now that I'm home. AND I know people who always have to be doing something. I always want to ask them, "Can't you just hang out?" Sam asks to "hang out" with Jon all the time. It's cute.

Alisha said...

i wish we lived closer so we could hang-out more.