Wednesday, December 22, 2010

8 days filled with music... x 40...

How could I not include this one? Music does something to my soul that can't be replaced by anything else, all year long. I love it. Of course, there is definitely an irresistible charm to Christmas music. I have a choral history, so this is one of my favorite Christmas songs:



This is my favorite arrangement of this song. I sang it in high school. I sang other versions throughout my life in other choirs, but my heart ached to sing this version again. This fall I gave in and bought the sheet music because even if I didn't know anyone to sing it with, I needed the music just in case the opportunity arose.

Today the opportunity arose! Our dear friends, the Staceys came to town and they love to sing! With all of us we had all four parts. I was in heaven. We went caroling. I wish we could've done it for hours, but babies get cold and tired pretty quick. My heart is very happy. Thanks, Staceys!

3 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

You're welcome!

We had tons of fun too. Thanks for having us over!

Alisha said...

LOVE that song too.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

So glad we were with you. I loved it so much. Thanks for having us over. I'm excited to see you again!
love,
Emily