Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the 6th day...

There is a beautiful historic building in downtown Provo, Utah called the Provo Tabernacle. When Scott and I were first married, we lived near it, passed it frequently, went to every one of our stake conferences there and many special musical performances.

It's a stunning building, beautifully preserved. I wish I had photos of the inside. There is a large gorgeous organ with exposed pipes, lots of detailed woodwork and stained glass windows. It's beautiful. Or I should say, it was beautiful. On Friday it burnt down.

What a tragedy. It breaks my heart.

This fire did not make me happy. Since these posts are supposed to be things that make me happy, you have to know there is a miracle in here somewhere. Here it is. Amidst the rubble, the firefighters found a picture of Christ, a giclee print of "The Second Coming" by Harry Anderson. Most of the picture and the frame was charred black, but the image of Christ was miraculously preserved.

Pretty awesome.

Here's another image of the picture before it was removed from the rubble.

Pictures courtesy of ksl.com

1 comment:

Alisha said...

i heard about the fire, but i had not heard about the picture.
i love stuff like that. very cool and interesting, and thought inspiring.