Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our little cinnamon bear

I had an ultrasound on Tuesday just to check on the baby, get the heartbeat, make sure growth was normal, etc, and learned that it was 1.5 inches from head to rump. According to the doctor, that's six days early in development!
It was really active, kicking and dancing in there, it's little knees bending and elbows waving. What a weird experience to see that, know that it was happening inside of me, but not feel it at all.
Don't get me wrong, I have felt pregnant... nauseous, tired, hungry but completely repulsed by food. Scott has been a good sport eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because half the time I just can't get myself to cook--it makes me want to puke.

7 comments:

Elysa said...

Soon you will be curly cubed! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

BRITTA! WOW!!! I was just talking about you tonight with my youngest brother (he was asking how all my high school friends were) which reminded me I hadn't been by here in quite awhile. I'm glad I stopped in to see what's new.

Congrats to you both!!!

Jamie and Julie said...

I think what is the coolest when you get the ultrasound is hearing the little heart beating. It's quite the moving, spiritual experience.

Jon said...

Congratulations!!!
Looking back when Sam was born, I was so excited to go to the ultrasound appointments. I'm sure that you and Scott are grinning ear to ear.

Stacey Kirchner said...

Congrats you two! How far along are you? Your way of announcing was priceless. Had me a little confused there for a minute. Did you know that Debbie Montgomery Christoffeson is now pregnant?! How exciting!

Crystal said...

Britta!!! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!!!!

)en said...

Oh man, i totally didn't get the picture until forever. I was like, that's a really bad way to bake a cinnamon roll. :D Congratulations.