Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blogging Slacker

I promise to keep up with blogging better in the future. I want to write a few points about the past month or so for posterity sake, and I'll catch up more later. Here goes:

  • Scott and I had to give in and replace our sewage line. Our old pipes were orangeburg pipes and were a) collapsing in on themselves b) missing the bottom of the pipe in places where it had worn down (what? I didn't know that happened!) c) had tree roots growing into it that the roto rooter guy couldn't get to because of (a). Now we can flush our toilet in peace knowing that it will all go down... aaaahh.
  • I did end up getting a calling and it was in Young Women: I am the Stake YW Secretary. I love the youth and I'm excited to still be involved with them. The downfall is that most of the stake action happens a minimum of 2 hours away, so I'll be making (and have already made) many trips to Nauvoo.
  • I keep having random dreams about my finiances. Of course there's an obvious source to this anxiety. One night it was so real that the second I woke up, I rushed to the computer to make sure I still had money in my bank account and no one had stolen my credit card number. Is anyone else feeling nervous?
  • I'm so grateful for the truths I know from the teachings of the church. With all the noise about Prop 8 in California, along with the craziness of the elections and the economy, I'm so glad I have a solid foundation and have (somewhat) prepared for emergencies by keeping my spending within my means and building up a food storage... I really could go on about this, but I'm out of time

More news next time, I guess.

2 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Sounds like you are having the experiences of typically home ownership, a.k.a. the money pit.

You'll do great in your calling in YW, hope you are able to touch the lives of the YW where you are like you did with the YW in my family.

Alisha said...

i have that anxiety too. i wonder if it is owning a home with the economy and not having savings (at least for me).
2 hours for meeting! that's crazy.