Monday, October 23, 2006

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

When I was a teenager I had friends who loved candles. They loved incense and smelly lotions and anything that would permeate a room with an asphyxiating aroma. I was never a smelly lotion kind of girl, and although I would use and smell their lotions and agree that they smelt good, in the back of my mind I really thought they all smelled the same. In fact, I would privately roll my eyes and think that smelly candles were kind of juvenile.

I don't know if my olfactory receptors have changed, or if candle companies have gotten better, but I repent of my old ways. I love having a good smelling house! Candles, lotions, and especially oils have such a great variety of smells, it's great! True, a lot of them I still don't like, and a lot of them still smell similar to me. But a relatively new passion of mine is to match a scent to a season. I got a new Wallflower plug-in that is Christmas Spice scent. It's a mixture of cinnamon, a little clove and other spices. Everytime I smell it, it just makes me happy!

1 comment:

nettie said...

I love smelly stuff too! Especially the christmasy stuff.