Sunday, April 12, 2015

The last couple days


Grace made sweet conversation with a pair of worms as they explored their way across the pavement.


Henry confidently pumped his legs on the peddles of his hand-me-down bike with glee. Every so often his momentum would stop or he'd get stuck on an uphill slope, so he informed me, "when I ring my bell, that means I need you to push me." I heard the delicate jingle of the bell every other minute while we were outside. I think he rang the bell more to make sure I was still giving him my attention than when he actually needed help.


Henry and Grace both leaned against me for nearly an hour as we read book after book on the beanbags in the library. It has been almost a year since I've taken them to the library, which makes me a little sad. When we got home, all they wanted to do was read their library books over and over again. Grace picked out two Halloween books from the library. She still loves Halloween.

 On a car ride Henry said, "Someday I want to be a bird."
Grace followed with, "Someday I want to be a flying cat mermaid. Actually, a flying cat mermaid ...princess ...fairy."

Wow.

I couldn't resist:


2 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Ha ha ha! I love your drawing of the flying cat mermaid princess fairy!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome.