Monday, April 13, 2015

Portraits by Grace

In January Grace drew portraits of each of us that characterized our dreams, then she taped the pictures on our bedroom doors. It was really sweet.


For herself, she dreams of fairies night and day, so of course, she is a fairy.


At the time, Henry was slightly obsessed with Batman, so Grace drew Henry as batman.


Scott is currently chasing his dream of being a doctor.


Then I got to mine and I just stared.


Mom, the martian? It took me about three minutes to realize that she had drawn me as Fiona from Shrek the musical which I was in a year and a half before. I guess that is a dream I chase--being on stage. More and more as Grace gets older, she surprises me with her thoughtfulness and insight.

3 comments:

Galen said...

The fact that she is careful to show exact numbers of fingers on her figures demonstrates a certain developmental stage. I suspect that having a mom with a green face will also contribute to her fantasy world view.

Unknown said...

I think that is plain funny!

Unknown said...

Those sketches have a remarkable degree of detail I find compelling. It will be interesting to watch that develop.