Sunday, August 24, 2008

Living with Britta (a.k.a. living with Scott)

Okay, so yesterday Britta and I were watching the Olympics on TV - the synchronized swimming - and I was peeking over my shoulder to see if Britta was paying attention well enough (or not) so I could "sneak" to a different station with more testosterone on it.  The next thing I recall, Britta leans over and, with tears in her eyes and quiver in her voice, says, "I can't believe I'm so emotional about synchronized swimming . . . I keep choking up."  Now, I know that if I ever want to really reach that deep spot in Britta's heart and emotions, I just need to wear a swim cap, earplugs, and a nose plug while smiling and spinning in circles to music.  No more flowers on our anniversary from me.  This is WAY more economical for the same effect.

Also, at dinner yesterday, while I was leaving the table, Britta, speaking of her recent shopping trip, excitedly blurts out: "I got some more of that plaster crap!"
Stunned, I turned around and gave her my best blank expression, showing my shock and confusion, because I'm sure that plaster wasn't on our shopping list, and definitely not crappy plaster.  Britta insists that she said "plastic wrap" which was on our shopping list, but I'm not so sure . . . 

4 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Britta, I made sure Justine saw the synchronized swimming. I felt the US team did better than they were rewarded. I can't believe how long they can hold their breath underwater.

Alisha said...

i can't believe that they are able to throw peeps while treading water with their arms!! i wasn't really emotional about it thought.

on another note: i dont' know britta used that language...

Emily said...

The other morning when we were swimming there must have been too much water around for me to notice your tears building up when you talked to me about synchronized swimming:)

)en said...

That is really funny. I loved the plastic crap/plastic wrap and that Britta was still excited even though it was plastic wrap. ha ha.

I totally cried watching the olympics.