Saturday, September 23, 2006

Volley-fall



Each Thursday night is stake volleyball night. Our ward has a co-ed team for the stake league, but that is debatable since we haven't had enough bodies out to have a full team yet. I don't know how you would credit a win/loss when both teams don't have enough players to have a team, but oh well.
Britta and I have been to a couple of our scheduled games just to mix with another ward and play an unofficial game. It has been a lot of fun, so far, plus, I've been able to stick around another hour afterward to play some basketball. Honestly, that's about 80% of the reason I go.
This last Thursday Britta and I joined some others for volleyball and everything was great. I think that the best quote of the night was Britta, when asked if she could set, said "I'll try not to suck." She didn't! She played very well.
I think that my volleyball career is now in question, however. While playing the net, I jumped to block and came down on the opponents' foot, and sprained my ankle!!!
Luckily, Brett and Sarah had some crutches and a walking brace, which has been a lifesaver. Now, if I can just get better, but sprains never heal quite as fast as I wish they would.

9 comments:

nettie said...

I am so sorry that you sprained your ankle Scott--they are the worst!

I am also kind of rolling my eyes, because you Peterson's sprain your ankles more than ANYONE I know! Every time Jeff goes to play basketball, I say a prayer in my heart that he doesn't come back with a sprained ankle!

nettie said...

and I meant to say...I hope you get better soon!

(btw...thanks for the card!)

Scott said...

Thanks, Nettie, and you're welcome. We hope that you liked the card.
It almost sounds as though we deserve, as a family, to have sprained ankles, eh?
(I like to believe that it's because we jump so much higher than everyone else, we're still in the air when everyone else has landed beneath us . . . it's not our fault)

nettie said...

You are probably right...maybe it is because you are all such great bball players, that you have to be slowed down every once in a while!

I definitely DON'T think you (as a family) deserve to have sprained ankles. When the husband sprains an ankle, it might as well be the wife too--it effects (or affects??) us almost as much!

Kristen P. said...

affects

nettie said...

Ouch...I feel your pain, Scott. an ankle injury just complicates life and makes it so much more painful to do the normal routine (i.e., blocking others shots in basketball and volleyball). I hope it heals quickly.

Jeff said...

that last comment was me, not nettie.

Valerie said...

I never get affect/effect right either...lol!

Sorry about the ankle, Scott. My initiation into the Peterson family left me with a sprained ankle. Was it you I came down on, or was it Brett? My memory fails me...

Guess I jump even higher than the Peterson boys. ;)

Scott said...

Oh, wow . . . windsor park in Orem. I remeber that. You just came down crooked, I think. We're not willing to reliquish our jumping title that easily. You'll have to speak to our lawyer