Friday, September 08, 2006

I CAN contribute to something

I am a closet poet. So I suppose you can consider this a coming out party. . .

Darn It

I really hate it when you're wet,
thin, and stretched, and unable
to stand,
but falling 'round my ankle.
Holy?
No, I wish you weren't
But fat. And Taut
And full of clout
I'll put my foot into your mouth.

I have three other poems posted on www.poetry.com, (Superfluous, untitled, To One Apart)
This is one of my favorites, though.

See, I can contribute to something, even if it is my own [wife's] blog.

the end.

4 comments:

James said...

Ummmm...artsy.

I can't wait to take your pansy self on teh basketball court.

Scott's new nickname "Air-Poet"

Actually...whispers...I kinda liked it

Sarah Peterson said...

Ok - me and sarah had to ask scott what that poem was about! (socks) lol! I get it now....brett

Valerie said...

That is so cool! I admit I needed Brett and Sarah's post to get it, but what a great poem. (It's been a LONG time since I've had a literature class...I guess bookclub doesn't count as preparation to understand your poetry.) I love it! Don't let James bully you...that is one COOL poem. I'll have to go check out your other ones.

Scott said...

Thanks, Val, but you probably shouldn't encourage so much . . . I already have an over-inflated ego, and I might just end up posting more pansy poetry. . .