Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pink Flamingo Birthday Tea Party

Gracie sure knows what she wants when it comes to a party.


 For about a month and a half she's been telling people she's going to have a pink flamingo birthday party. About three weeks ago it became a tea party, too. Do you remember last year? She was talking about her 3rd birthday party for three months before her birthday. I'm a little nervous about what to expect when she's a pre-teen...

Well, with pink flamingos and tea parties, I thought mad hatter hats seemed fitting for party hats. That was what the kids did first. They loved it. It was fun to see them decorate their hats. Grace wanted everything red, pink and gaudy. (Her's was the hat with the red feather boa. By the end it had a hot pink bow on top and a peacock feather.)


After a mild attempt at games (which lasted maybe five minutes) the kids were sent on a treasure hunt that ended with goodie bags in a circus tent. I think it was the highlight of the party.


Grace really wanted a pink flamingo cake. Thankfully, I think she was ok that I went for the cupcake size instead. Pink flamingo cake? really?


She had actually asked for cupcakes AND a pink flamingo cake. So I stuck a pink flamingo cupcake on a cake. I know. It's cheating. And it looks like it (see picture below).

p.s. best birthday purchase ever: 6" round cake pans. I can make a cake AND cupcakes with little effort and not too much cake. All kid birthday cakes in our family but one have been baked in a 6" pan.


Knowing Grace is really into tea parties right now, Scott found the above silver tea set for a steal at the Salvation Army. It looked like it had been rubbed in mud, but with a little sliver polish and water it was good as new! It added a little magic to the party.


It was a great party. I'm so glad friends could come and Scott was able to take some photos, cause I was a little preoccupied. In three days our sweet Gracie will be 4!

4 comments:

Ellie said...

It was a great party! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Super Heroes...Pink Flamingo Tea parties...I can hardly wait to see what theme next year will bring! Great pictures Scott; thanks for helping us be a part of the occasion. Britta, your flexible creativity coupled with Grace's eclectic tastes continue to amaze us all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE

Emily said...

Wow! What a creative imagination that little girl has. And you make your house into a beautiful partyland. Seriously, your decorations are fun and your ideas are fantastic. I know where Grace gets her creativity from.

K.E.N said...

Ok, #1 now I need 6" cake pans...great idea! I hate making 9" because we never eat all the cake. #2 those cupcakes look amazing #3 that tea set really does make it special