Monday, April 08, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls for Conference

It's that time again. Yay for General Conference! We've decided to continue our cinnamon roll breakfast (though now it's a brunch) tradition in Michigan. We knew it would be a little less predictable.

Carmel Pecan Sticky Buns and Ham, Cheese and hash brown breakfast casserole.

I made my normal amount of rolls with the usual fruit, but this year I added a quiche casserole, more for me than for anyone else.

Smothered cinnamon buns. Scott said this was the best batch I've ever made.
Conference starts at noon on the east coast, which seems SO late. When we did our party in the fall, we had a really good turnout. This time, however, it was nearing 11:30 and our buffet table still looked like this (with more rolls in the kitchen):


All of a sudden, nearly a dozen people came! Hooray! Even though the turnout was relatively small, they ate three of the four pans of cinnamon rolls, the casserole and all the cut fruit! I'm sure glad, cause I don't know what I would've done with all those leftovers.

When conference comes around, I think of flowers. The floral arrangements in the conference center have always been stunning and beautiful. Here's an image from October 2001, probably one of the first I was inspired by, but I remember them being stunning even in the tabernacle.


Here's an image of the flowers this weekend.


So I've taken it upon myself to beautify my house with flowers for every conference. I'm a sucker for fresh flowers.


This year I got some daffodils, too.


They just make me so happy!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I want to eat these cinnamon rolls! They look delish. Sticky buns are definitely a personal weakness.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Cinnamon roll heaven! Those look amazing! I was out of town, so we didn't even do pre-Priesthood pizza this conference.

Galen said...

I agree about the noon start time. Here's an idea. Come to Minnesota. Make food. Give it to me.
Watch conference at 11 instead...
?

Unknown said...

"I don't know what I would do with all those leftovers" yeah right! I can think of several options. . .