Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas 2012

 We spent Christmas at my parents' house in Minnesota. It was so nice to be around family! Unfortunately, Grace and I struggled with the flu for most of the trip (evidence in the photo below on the right). We didn't take very many photos, but here are a few from Christmas morning.

The winning present for Grace was by far her Hello Kitty sleeping bag. She'd been asking for it for weeks and even started volunteering to do jobs so she could earn her own money to buy it! She's slept in it every night since, I think. We play with it often during the days, too.

Grace has never been really into toys, so I decided to try and peak her interest with musical instruments. Henry wanted to be a part of the noise and tried as hard as he could to make music out of the cleaning rod that came with the recorder.

The winning gift for Henry was this bead maze toy. I knew it would be. Henry is much easier to buy presents for.

I miss my family. It was nice to have so many cousins together! I only wish we all could've been more healthy to fully enjoy it. Grace's tell-tale finger sucking lets you know she was spent.

p.s. If you didn't see our Christmas card, I posted it here.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that you were able to be with your family this time! What fun. I'm glad. What a terrible time to be sick huh? It made Christmas exhausting for me! Hope you all are healthy now.