Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!!

Heeeeeeeere's Alice!

We did an Alice in Wonderland theme for Halloween this year. It's the first year I've had a sewing machine and I wanted to make the costumes. In my excitement, I picked an overly ambitious costume for myself, which meant I only had time to make one costume. But it sure was fun!

We started out Grace's first trick-or-treating experience at the mall, where we thought it would be safe and fun--plus it was pouring rain outside.

She was pretty nervous right in the beginning, but once she got her first piece of candy she was obsessed. In all the following photos you'll see she's constantly holding some piece of candy up to her mouth.

Scott and Grace were so cute together! It was crowded, but I could always find Scott with that uber tall hat.

After we left the mall it stopped raining so we thought we'd chance a trip around the neighborhood. Grace was adorable. She tried saying trick-or-treat occasionally, but what really took the cake was that she blew kisses at everyone after they gave her candy! She would smile big and laugh and giggle. She loved it! It made me love Halloween on a whole different level, seeing her so happy.

And btw, the Halloween lore is true: rich neighborhoods DO give out full size candy bars.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Awww!!! I love your costumes! Grace made such a cute Alice! Looks like a great Halloween. I love it :)

Megan said...

She is adorable! I can't believe you made your costume. I loved reading all your Halloween posts!

Alisha said...

great costumes!

Unknown said...

Britta, you are so amazing!

Emily said...

That is amazing! I love your costume. As always, I am impressed with your sewing skills. Seriously, I don't think there's anything you can't do.

And thankfully, there's only 1 bun. I'd be much larger if there were more. Although, at the ward party I had as many as 6 buns in the oven:)

Emily said...

p.s. Happy 18 Monthday Grace!

Kristen P. said...

She is just so very very adorable!

Ashley said...

I can't believe you made that dress! Wowzers. I'm totally impressed. Grace looked adorable, too.

(And on another note, Anna just watched "Alice in Wonderland" for the first time, and can we talk about how truly bizarre it is? I'm still a little unnerved, and I've seen it before.)

)en said...

I'm totally creeped out by Alice in Wonderland-- the movie, that is. Not the child. Cutie Cuterson. Awesome costumes. high five!