Sunday, June 14, 2009

The blessing of Grace

We didn't actually take any pictures of Grace on the day she was blessed because we were pretty rushed, so I put her back in her dress today and took some pictures.

Some of the details of her outfit were adorable. It was basically a white, tank top onesie with an eyelet lace skirt sewn on it and a little butterfly button on the chest. Over the onesie was a butterfly knit cardigan and a beautiful ribbon for her head.

I couldn't resist this photo. I've been trying to get a good shot of her smiling but it's tricky. I'll keep trying for you, Scott.

Side note:
Today was Grace's first diaper blowout! Typical that it would be at church, one of the few times we're out of the house, and in a pretty white dress...

8 comments:

Elysa said...

She looks so beautiful in her blessing dress!

Scott said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! I was hoping this day wouldn't come, but if it did, that I wouldn't be there. Just kidding (not really). I am, however, sorry that she had a blowout. The first of many, I'm sure, and I am just as certain that I'll have my share of blowouts holding her while in a nice shirt or tie. It's only fair, I guess.

Alisha said...

ha. blowouts...awesome.
what a beautiful dress and an even more beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

From Amber:

Yeah, Scott, don't you worry about missing any blowouts. Tova (who is now two and a half) had a blowout today on my new black dress during an open house. You've got YEARS of blowouts ahead. Yucky!

Kristen P. said...

First of all, she is over a month old and has not has a blow out yet?

What a cute little face. And I love her blessing outfit. SO cute.

sherri said...

Right! You're just beginning the blowouts, Scott. Grace is so darling--was she born in Kirksville? What county is that in?

Sarah Peterson said...

so cute! I love her outfit. Love the bow too ;) wink wink She is so darling- I can't believe she is already smiling for you! That is very rewarding!

Scott said...

Mom - Adair County.
And Sarah, thanks for the bow; unfortunately, I think it has held together its last head - it barely stayed on when we used it b/c the elastic broke and the ribbon is nearly worn through. But it was so nice to have and was very thoughtful of you to send it (along with that very short cooking apron;).