Monday, March 02, 2009

What do you do when your wife's away?

Have a sleep over; what else?? -- Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that this was a private blog, so that the link won't work for most (all) of you.

Here's the post (most of it; I edited it to make it more relative to my audience)

Britta is gone right now. So is Emily Stacey, wife of Stephen Stacey. We took advantage of the mutual departure of our wives to have a slumber party. We stayed up late reading poetry, playing guitar, watching movies and eating junk food. We even built a fort. Emily and Britta have the "real" cameras, so we were reduced to using the iSight camera on Steve's laptop to record the event.





We pulled out all the stops on this fortress. It is complete with eerie candelabra-type magical lighting devices, mystical shields and an undead warrior guardian.


video


8 comments:

K.E.N said...

Where are your wives? And is that really what guys do at sleepovers? Magical warriors to stand guard? At least tell me you were telling ghost stories or playing MASH inside the fort.

Scott said...

Britta was in MInnesota for a reunion with her sisters (they put on a baby shower for her). She is home, now. Steve and I watched movies and slept in the fort. Sorry, no MASH. I just don't think MASH would be too fun when we already live in a shack and make $0 -- but I'm married to Britta! (I got the one I wanted!) It was fun to just re-live the joys of boyhood with a couch-fort in the front room. Plus, it was after the biochem final, so we had to celebrate somehow.

Sarah Peterson said...

ummmm... NERD-O!!!! That is hilarious!

Kristen P. said...

Sarah said it not me.

Valerie said...

I think your brothers will disown you after seeing this. ;)

Thanks for sharing! All you Peterson men are just grown up little boys at heart. I love it!

Anonymous said...

poetry? with a guy? probably should have left that one out... lol!

Anonymous said...

-Coughs-

Jon said...

The Blog is good . . .
The Comments are better--
LOL!!