Tuesday, December 16, 2008

bits and pieces

A visual depiction of why new windows are a Spring priority for us.
Yes, that is ice building up on the inside of my window. Yes, the wood is so wet from years and years of this that it won't hold its paint anymore.

Ok, now for some pregnancy information indulgences, because I know you all want to know about me. (Ha ha, ok, I just want to tell you.) I think I felt the baby move last night, which was fun. The heartbeat this morning was at 147, and I have an ultrasound scheduled for December 31st. So what do you think we should have, a boy or a girl?

Last night I had another pregnant dream. I was a teenager back in the church building I grew up in and my youth leader was performing brain surgery on me as a birthday gift. My skull was just hanging open, and I felt really privileged because this was the only birthday gift I was getting that year. During her "surgery" I was sitting in a folding chair making small talk to all the other young women around me. Then the church meeting started and my leader went up to sit in the front row. I was near the back, but my skull was still hanging open. I was patient for a few minutes, but then I kept trying to get her attention so she could close up my skull. I didn't want my brain to dry out. I ended up closing it myself, but then got scolded by my mom because of it. Strange.

8 comments:

K.E.N said...

Did you buy your house? Our windows do that too...but I think replacing them would cost a small fortune. And I LOVE pregnant dreams. When I was pregnany I had a dream that I gave birth to puppies and it was the most normal thing. But I don't know how that compares to closing my own skull. Geez!

Anonymous said...

We did buy our house. We're hoping replacing the windows will decrease our heating bill and improve our resale value, if we can afford it when the time comes. Window problems was one of the most dominant themes in the home inspection when we got the house.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Kari, I like your new profile picture :)

Crystal said...

Ok... CRAZY dream! And congrats on feeling the baby move! That is so exciting!! I can't wait to find out what you are having. My guess will be... hmm... girl. :)

Karen K. said...

I love the dream. I am always amazed at how normal things seem when you're dreaming them and then how ridiculous they become when you're attempting to explain them. (It made sense in the dream!) The Peterson clan is due for a boy this time (I'm going with girl/boy/girl/boy theory beginning with Camille...Calvin is older, right?)

And yeah, new windows should help. That looks COLD! How cold is it there now? I'm feeling sorry for myself because it was 11 degrees here the other night, which of course, is mighty cold for us here in the good ol' Willamette Valley!

Alisha said...

karen, good theory.
where is scott when you need him to come close your skull?

Emily said...

I think you're having a boy - but since I've always been wrong in my guesses of what people have, you'll probably have a girl:) I'm going to call you after you get your ultrasound!

Amy said...

What a crazy dream! I'm enjoying not being haunted by quite so many dreams, now that I haven't been pregnant for 3 1/2 years. Hmm, I think you're going to have a boy :)