Thursday, September 11, 2008

My new obsession

I've discovered under all of our interior trim, painted with white acrylic paint, is beautiful cherry stained, oil-varnished wood. Oil and acrylic don't mix, so this stuff comes off with the slightest nick. It doesn't come off that easily where the wood has been chipped, faded, or in corners, but I've found myself a new project anyway! Here is a before and during shot. I'll update you when I have a finished... hopefully I'll be done sometime in October. I might repaint the walls, too.



4 comments:

Alisha said...

i love how the 'after' picture looks. it really adds dimension to the room.
...what is up with that moving picture anyway.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I forgot that was in the picture. That painting has been on that wall for over a month now. I'm thinking of patterning the color scheme for the front room after it.

Amy said...

I love the running gag with the painting :) I thought you moved it on purpose to reflect the other pictures of your house earlier on your blog.

Sarah Peterson said...

looks like you are keeping very busy with home projects! How do you like your new home and surroundings? Has it been hard to adjust? By the way- I've been thinking. I think it's time for some BABIES!!! That will keep you busy...