Friday, September 21, 2007

eight random facts, revisited

These are about me, Scott.

1. Britta tells me I "jerk" and that my body convulses immediately after or before (she's not sure, it happens so quickly) I fall asleep each night.

2. I don't believe that's true.

3. I live my life by one major maxim (and several little ones, which won't be itemized here): Never do anything which may be recorded and held against you in the future in front of friends, family, or an uncaring public, whatever the case may be. Consequently, I refuse to be videotaped while dancing in the home, tape record my voice singing, or any other potentially embarrassing display. Sorry. I have too great inhibitions.

4. I am certain I know everything, even knowing that I don't (but then I do, don't you see the meta-level there?) until someone (usually Britta) convinces me I am wrong to which I quickly distance myself from my previous error by either twisting my previous position to show I actually was right, after all, or by ignoring the fact I was wrong completely, usually by changing the subject quickly or by making a joke..

5. I have spent much of my leisure time this summer reading political biographies about George Washington, Harry S. Truman, and Abraham Lincoln (each of them HIGHLY recommended). I have fallen in love with our political and national history and now plan on reading additional biographies of John Adams, John F. Kennedy, Teddy Roosevelt, and Alexander Hamilton. Next, I will likely dive into some modern political themes, but I'm holding off on that for now.

**author's note: #4 and #5 are not related.**

6. I am planning on owning three cars when Britta and I have a family and a stable career. #1. Our Hyundai. We have both loved this car. Loved it. We would buy another Hyundai in an instant. We plan on keeping this car for our teenagers to drive; so that would be at least 17 more years. (absolutely no announcement is implied by the previous statement. . . that is just the biological possibility) #2. A good family car: which may be either an SUV or a minivan . . . undecided as of yet. #3. A date car. This car will serve two purposes. a) a nice car to go to nice places together. b) motivate our children to have ambition, because they will see it but won't use it. I am thinking something like a Lexus SC 430 in British racing green or jet black.

7. One of my life's ambitions is to own a plane. I have been trying to bring Britta on board for about two years now. I think this has to do with listening to G'Pa Pete's stories of flying from back in the day. I feel that there is something romantic about the freedom of flying which draws me, as well.

8. I love to make others laugh. the end.

2 comments:

Sarah Peterson said...

Brett does that SAME jerk thing when he goes to sleep. Did we already discuss this? I don't remember... Anyway, when you get your date car, I'd like to borrow it, okay?!

Alisha said...

so does jeff!! it must be a man thing.
owning a plane would be sweet, but aren't pilots short.