Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cake Master

A few weeks ago I saw this picture in the grocery store:



Looking at it's delectible frosting and delightfully seasonal colors and layout, a passionate longing to be able to make good cakes from scratch emerged within me. Since then, I have made two cakes. The first one, although tasting good, sank in the middle and looked like a mess. The second one, using the recipe from the magazine above, was a little better:

I still need lots of practice before I feel confident about my cake making skills, so now I need people to feed cakes to. Any takers?

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, Britta! We have 4 birthdays in our household from Sept 20 to Nov 3. We'd love to call on your skills. I jealous you have time to make cake from scratch! They look delicious!

Scott said...

This was probably the best chocolate cake made from scratch which I have tasted. MMMM-boy!

Anonymous said...

Britta, beautiful cake! You can make me a cake anytime!

Amy said...

OOOh, NICE! That's gorgeous! Nice job!

Laker said...

Please pick me. You can come drop it off at the same time you drop of Valerie's four cakes!

Alisha said...

me too. that looks so yummy!!

Kristen P. said...

I'll eat your cake if you eat my pie. We might be coming back Conference weekend if we can work it out with my lab responsibilites. I will be practicing making a pie for a Pumpkin Party we are going to. However, I haven't tried it yet. Maybe on you???

Anonymous said...

Yay, Kristen! I love eating! I will eat your pie, and I will make a new cake and we can have a dessert party. The Petersons will pig out conference weekend!

Karen K. said...

Yum. Do you deliver?