Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Good Hike


Today Scott and I went on our first hike in a long time. We went on a trail we'd never been on or even heard of. It started on a very steep uphill. The path was really fine dust and was surrounded by mountain oak that looked like old bony arms reaching towards the sky. Slowly the landscape started changing until we were mostly surrounded by aspens with a grassy floor. It was a very pretty trail. Here the path was a little more rocky, not as dusty, and we saw several wildflowers. These little orange butterflies were everywhere.


Suddenly the aspens opened up into the large meadow in the first picture. There was a little creek to the east running parallel with the trail. It was pretty cool. On our way back we took a different fork of the trail and found ourselves surrounded by tall pines.


I think my very favorite part of the whole trip was the head of the trail. We parked by this little reservoir, which was very crowded with eager fishermen, but very charming. I want to go back again tomorrow. I think I've found my favorite place in Utah.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

it looks so beautiful. its too hot here now to hike, but man do i enjoy it when i go. how far from home is it?

Britta said...

Not far at all. It only takes like 20 minutes to drive there.

Anonymous said...

If that is the place I'm thinking of-- I love it too. I have many fond memories of blazer scout trips, fishing trips with friends and family, going to the cabin with Uncle Carwin and his family.
You should go to the lake just higher than this one, it is equally as beautiful.