Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One of my greatest fears

On Sunday I pinpointed one of my greatest fears. It's definitely not top on the list, but it's probably in my top ten. This fear made Scott laugh, and frankly, I probably would laugh if this was someone else's fear, too. My fear is that I will cut my fingers while peeling potatoes. I want to make it clear that I don't fear peeling potatoes, just cutting my fingers while peeling potatoes. This fear results in my taking four times longer than anyone else to peel potatoes. I can do it fine, but I'm very slow and meticulous with every single peel to make sure my fingers are far out of the way.

I just thought I'd share that with everyone. In the future, if I'm at your house and you need me to peel your potatoes, just know what your getting in to.

7 comments:

Sarah Peterson said...

I cut my finger peeling carrots when I was little and ever since I've been scared too. I think I am more scared when people joke around with knives though. I HATE it!

Laker said...

Me too. I hope i am never drafted and then assigned KP duty. I would never make it past the rank of Private.

Amy said...

What I don't like is grating cheese. Well, really grating anything. For that same reason. Somehow I always manage to grate off a fingernail. I make my kids do it, or recently I bought pre-grated cheese. So much safer!

Valerie said...

Why don't they sell pre-peeled potatoes??? That would be NICE!

Kristen P. said...

You know I saw these gloves...

https://checkout.primetimesolutions.net/clients/natex/handypeel.com/?s_kwcid=potato%20peeler%20gloves|827342299&gclid=CNqLxvLY7owCFR4rYQodDg3WCA

Now peeling potatoes will be a "snap"!!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

why don't you just buy the red potatoes. all you have to do is a wash and a quick scrub. keep the skins on, yummmy, tastes good.

Kristen P. said...

Red potatoes don't work for everything. But I agree, that may be a better option. I think grating cheese is more of a danger. But we all have our own fears.