Monday, November 13, 2006

"I'm bored... I'm hungry"

Lyndee is five. She can eat three times her weight in food. In one sitting. Five minutes later she comes to me,
"I'm hungry."
I tell her she's not really hungry because she just ate.
"I'm bored."
What do you normally do during the day for fun?
"I don't know. I'm bored"
I've tried playing dollies with her, playing games, coloring, doing crafts, going for walks. Whatever we do, two minutes later,
"I'm bored."
For the time being, she's playing with her little brother, and that is working... for now.

Happy pre-turkey day!

p.s. I learned while making these turkeys with the kids, that the red fleshy part that hangs below a turkey's beak is called a wattle. The red fleshy part that drapes over the top of the beak is called a snood. These are always words that escape me.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Oh, man! I was going to set the VCR to record it for you, Britta. You'll just have to TiVo it, I guess. I'll miss you tonight, too. Love you!