Friday, February 21, 2014

More Snow... I can't seem to stop myself

I know, I know, I keep posting about this winter, but it really is an amazing winter! I came to Minnesota to get away from my lonely tiny house while my husband is enjoying summer temperatures in TX for the month. I thought I had a lot of snow at my house...until I got here.

The snow is almost to the height of the base of the window. The pile is so high we can't see the cul-de-sac.

I grew up in this house with many a snowy winter, but I have never seen this much snow here.


I don't feel like photos accurately convey the magnitude of this pile of snow, so I took a few different angles.

That is my parents second story bedroom window behind the pile of snow.

Photo taken standing at the other end of the cul-de-sac. You could hide a small house in that pile of snow!

The sky is blue and lovely.
Walking through the yard, the snow is deeper than my knee. In some places where there's drifting I sink all the way to my crotch. It's pretty amazing.

p.s. back at home, today is snow day #11.


6 comments:

Scott said...

Grace sure looks like she is having fun! Where is Henry? That is a lot of snow!!

Emily said...

I'm kind of jealous actually. We haven't had any snow at our house and I don't think I've ever seen that much snow in a place other than the mountains. Looks like a lot of fun.

Scott said...

Fun doesn't even begin to describe it. I am so glad I've been in Houston for the last few weeks, weather-wise. I empathize with poor Britta. That much snow is nice to visit, but not so nice to be shut in so much, I think.

Unknown said...

Dang it! All of our snow just melted, now we will be in a drought again!

Britta said...

Grace WAS having fun! Poor Henry has developed a loathing for playing in the snow. He doesn't want to wear his constricting winter clothes, and all the snow has been so deep that to him snow=immobility. He stayed inside with Grandma.

It is fun at times, but it would be funner if my kids were a little bigger. It's just too deep to do very much with them. And cold. They don't last long in cold. However, Emily, I'm sure if you and Steve were there to play in it with me we would have a blast!

Alisha said...

that amount of snow is unbelievable. really crazy that it doesn't just shut everything down. i can't believe how many snow days yall have had! bummer to have to make it all up for those in school. also, it was sooooooo good to see Scott. tell him that jill prayed for him last night and said thanks to HF for letting him come over. then this morning Camille got tearful saying "i miss Scott, i wish he could come back".