Sunday, February 02, 2014

Can't get enough

Mother Nature must've gotten a memo that we needed more snow, so she kindly obliged.


I don't think I've lived through such a snowy winter as an adult. Despite growing up in Minnesota, I was never the one who had to drive or shovel... or encapsulate two wiggly children in layers and layers of clothing. It's exhausting!

This is our driveway. The pile Grace is on is just snow. It is taller than me.


We couldn't play in the backyard because it's so deep Henry couldn't move and Grace fell over every couple steps as she tried to wrestle through it. But they both loved playing in the front. And so did I. It was SO NICE to get out of the house after being shut in for January, including 7 days of cancelled school because of cold weather. Having temperatures hover around 30 felt like a heat wave!


So what did we do after playing in the snow in this heat wave? Went out for ice cream, of course! I've been really bad about too many sweets in the last couple days. We've also had Swiss Cake Rolls, marshmallows, fruit snacks, and this:


This is not peanut butter. It looks exactly like it, but it is not a nut butter at all. It is made out of crushed cookies. Really good crushed cookies.


It is right in the middle of the peanut butter selection, which is deceiving. I would never have seen it if it wasn't for a sample table a couple months ago at the grocery store. It is dangerous. Buy it only if you want to get sick from eating too much of it at once, because you can't stop yourself. But it might be worth it.

4 comments:

Galen said...

Fortuneteller the cookie spread is creamy and I like crunchy. I'm safe.

Britta said...

Oh, Dad, they have a crunchy variety, too...

Anonymous said...

Loved your snow pictures! I had no idea that you have gotten so much...what a year this has been for all of us in the northern states!

Alisha said...

that snow really looks pretty enough to eat.