Monday, July 08, 2013

Today


Grace and I painted matching red toenails and blue fingernails. She wanted to do it for the 4th of July and didn't care that we missed it already.

We decided to indulge in Muddy Buddies for a snack this afternoon. While I was dumping the peanut butter over the chocolate chips her eyes were as wide as saucers. She said, "This is going to be the best day ev-errrrr" with the "ev-er" said in a high falsetto voice. It was pretty cute.

For dinner we had hamburgers, hot dogs and green beans. Grace sang, "Twinkle, twinkle little HOT DOG...(insert wild crazy laughter from both kids) ...how I wonder what you HOT DOG (again, wild crazy laughter)..." and so on. After they got their fill of that song, she moved on to the Lumineers song "Ho Hey" and was singing, "I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweet HOT DOG!" She got such a kick out of herself. It was hilarious.

Addendum: After the kids went to sleep, I went for a quick run in the company of hundreds, if not thousands of twinkling fireflies. It was magical. I'm so grateful for good days.

2 comments:

K.E.N said...

I love having matching toes and that would have been an adorable thing to watch. love love.

Kali said...

Lovely! I am grateful for good days too. Last Saturday when you guys visited was one such day for me :)