Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Peterson Family Reunion: Miscellany

This will be my last Reunion post. I didn't take many candid or kid pictures on this trip, which I wish I had, but here is what I did get.

Even though the house was so amazing none of us cared much to go anywhere else, we had scheduled a day at the lake with a boat, so off we went.


The reservoir was lower than I'd ever seen it, by like 30 vertical feet. All the prepared beaches were far, far away from the shoreline, so we made do with what was there. My kids didn't care much for the boat.


So... mud and rock castles, instead of sand.


Grace took a little time to warm up to the idea, since she's used to the lovely sand beach near our house, but she eventually enjoyed herself.


Henry was a little uneasy about the mud the whole time. But there were cousins who really got into it. Literally.


One of the nights we were at the house Scott and I hosted a root beer taste test. It was a fun idea, inspired by an epic root beer tasting my brother did years ago. We wanted to use little plastic cups, but we couldn't find any at the store, so instead we used paper Dixie cups. Bad idea. They sapped the carbonation and added strange flavors to the root beer.


Plus they only had a few hours to chill and some of them were hardly cold. The winner, I think, was Sprecher's, but barely. Of course, we all know in reality, when placed in the proper drinking receptacle, Henry Weinhard's is the best root beer there is.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course we do. Silly Petersons.