Sunday, March 06, 2011

Coolest playground ever... of my childhood

I know it's still cold and wet outside, for the most part, but we're all dreaming of summer. I was looking through my pictures of last summer and had to share some.

The coolest park I can think of is French Park. Now, I may have been to parks that had different cool toys or playgrounds that were bigger, but this park is still at the top of my list for lots of reasons. This post is about the playground.

The French Park playground has a massive web-maze of nets. If you have ever wanted to feel like spiderman, this is the place to do it.

There are tunnels of nets, vertical and horizontal,

Large planes of nets to jump into and tiny wedges to balance around.

They built this when I was still a kid. It was a huge deal. I still am impressed every time I visit it. It's still fun, and a total workout to play on this maze of nets.

I don't feel like I can accurately portray it's awesomeness in pictures because you can't get the totallity of the three dimensions. But to summarize, here is a patchwork panorama for you to enjoy.

If there is ever a day when you and I and your children (or not) happen to be in Minnesota at the same time and during the warm months, I will definitely take you here. It's still one of my favorite places.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Okay. Let's go to Minnesota together. I would love it.

Trent said...

I went to this park a number of times last summer and fall. I had a good time. It was and still is very sturdy with multiple adults and kids on it. I am impressed that the wooden structure and netting has held up as well as it has. I suspect they have made repairs
as it ages.
It seems all playgrounds are now made of plastic and plastic coated metal. I wonder how long the wooden framework for this one will last.

Amber said...

I sprained my ankle when I went there as a teenager. Foot got caught in the net. Ouch!