Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welcome to our backyard

...or front yard, depending on how you view a basement apartment.
Here is a tour hosted by Grace. Enjoy!

This is my front door.
This is daddy playing the guitar. I like when daddy plays the guitar.
I listen and dance and sometimes he lets me play, too.
These are my current favorite toys. I carry them around everywhere. It's my way of letting mama know I want to play outside.
But not just outside. I want to play at the playground in my backyard! I don't care so much about the playground part...
I only want to play with the sand! I love everything about it. It's soft and warm. I spend a lot of time here dragging things through the sand, burying my feet and fingers, and enjoying all the sensations.
Sometimes mama gets into it, too, once she lets herself get dirty. We play in the sand together.
She tells me not to eat it and makes a yucky face. Sometimes I make the yucky face back. She still lets me eat it sometimes in the hopes that I will learn that sand is yucky.
But I still eat it cause it's cool.
These are the chickens that live in our backyard.
I like to point at them and watch them peck the ground. Mama and Daddy get nervous around the chickens sometimes and pull me back. They say I have no fear and my fingers will get pecked. I wanted to show the chickens my chicken finger puppet to see if they could be friends, but they just pecked at it.
We also have a tennis/basketball court which daddy loves and a big garden and a lot of flowers which mama loves. We're so lucky to have such a cool backyard, even if we're just borrowing it. Come and play! I love visitors.

5 comments:

K.E.N said...

Ok, we should be in UT sometime in the next year. I hope the offer still stands by next summer.

Megan said...

Her dress is so cute. What a fun yard for a little child. I know we are coming out to Utah for Thanksgiving. Maybe our paths will cross then.

Scott said...

@ Kari and @Megan - YES! We want to you come over and visit us if/when you are in Utah, whether that is Thanksgiving or next summer, we'd love to have you over.

Kristen P. said...

We would love to come across the desert and play with such a cute girl!

Alisha said...

wow. that is AMAZING for a basement. what a great find! can't wait to see it.