Sunday, October 04, 2009

General Conference Weekend

Oh, how I love General Conference weekend! I have always looked forward to the traditional Peterson post-Priesthood Session Pizza Party and watching football between sessions on Saturday. (Although it is tough to do the pizza thing without my dad and brothers around, we have shared this tradition with our friends, the Staceys, and we have been able to have them as proxies for the other Petersons.)

This morning, I awoke to find Britta busy in the kitchen baking and entertaining Grace. This is what she was making. Britta knows I'm a sucker for sticky buns and cinnamon rolls, but I usually just get the pre-made canned variety. This was a perfect conference treat!


This afternoon Gracie decided to join us in enjoying conference. She was really enthralled by the speakers and really enjoyed herself (for at least FIVE minutes).



Although I love General Conference, I sure do miss my family at this time of year. I hope you all had a great weekend, too.

6 comments:

Stacey Kirchner said...

Very very cute! Love the picture of Britta and Grace at the computer.

Ryan said...

Those look good! I'll trade you some sticky buns for some chocolate! :)

The next time you guys pass through Utah, you need to give us a call. If not, you'll be put on "The List."

-Ryan

grandkrumps said...

I agree Conference WAS wonderful. I also think Grace is simply ADORABLE. Can't wait for a chance to squeeze her in two weeks when you come for Stake Conference! Are you lucky to have her--or BLESSED? Both!

Alisha said...

i feel the same way. i thought seeing my fam last month would quiet my feelings of longing to be with them but then this weekend came and...i just miss all my petersons! i try to keep the pizza spirit alive too, although we eat pizza once a week so it's not such a treat anymore :)
LOVE that last pic.

Amy Kay Peterson said...

I'm salivating.

Scott said...

Talking about eating pizza once a week makes me think that you are unfortunately deprived of pizza. Britta and I have been known to eat it three time per week. Its easy. Its convenient. It tastes great and cold pizza is just as good! ;)