Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July! aka The real McCoy

Fourth of July, Missouri style. You can get fireworks here that actually shoot into the air! Even the little cheap-o fireworks can fly! So no "shower of sparks" for us, this year. No, sir. Sorry fountains and ground flowers, you just won't cut it. We went for the fireworks with flying power.

Our army of little flying bee fireworks.

These ladybugs were totally awesome. They're not kidding when they say "up in the air." I think this shot over 40 feet high.

Roman candles anyone? Rockets, too? You heard me, I said rockets.

AAaaaa yeah.

We lit all these fireworks with some friends a couple nights ago. One of Scott's friends even bought reloadable aerial shells and a launching tube. It was totally awesome, and totally legal. Since we have been in Missouri for a year now, we thought we'd pay homage to our new home state with our finale:

This was a "cake" firework with a combination of roman candles and small aerial shells.

That's right, "Shoots flaming balls." It did not disappoint.

6 comments:

K.E.N said...

Oh my goodness...I think we might have to do our own tonight, even if it is raining and not completely dark. I do love living in MO.

Freeman said...

Were glad we could get together with you guys. It was seriously fun.

Alisha said...

jealous.
this year sparklers were up for debate in my state...to allow or not.

Pattie said...

what a blast...and grace is soo cute'

Ashley said...

I am totally jealous, compared to the slim pickins we had on display Saturday night. I thought of you and your REAL fireworks the whole time. I miss the good ol' days, when real fireworks hadn't burned up half the state.

Melissa said...

We had a blast with all the fireworks too! Same rule, NO Fountains and NO groundbloomers. BORING!