Friday, March 21, 2008

Today is the big day!


I'm nervous. Today I am going under the knife (laser). I don't know how many times I have researched and asked and even dreamed about this time (I did dream about three separate dreams last night), but now that it is actually happening today I am nervous. Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (this is where I sniff precociously and push my glasses up my nose for the last time and hope nobody asks why its not called "LAISK" instead) has been a dream of mine ever since I first heard about it in high school. Actually, I first heard of RK, but that scares me far more, and I am glad that that is "so 80s" now. I'll give you more details about the procedure afterwards, if you want to know. I just realized that from now on I won't have the convenience of a mild-mannered, bespectacled alter-ego. I will have to assume my Super form 24-7, now. Britta, I hope you can handle that.

Farewell for now.

Its been nice knowing you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott, congratulations, and good luck!

Sarah Peterson said...

aaah, I'm scared for you... Hopefully you can read this when your done! hehhe

nettie said...

a friend in my ward has to have a shot put into her eye (I think in the pupil)--for macular degeneration. It makes me sick thinking about, they have a brace that holds her eye open, and then she watches as a needle comes right into her eye. It's pretty painful. Do you guys do that at your office?

Good luck with the lasik--hope it all goes well.

Alisha said...

real nice nettie!! i'm sure you're makeing scott feel better already...lol

good for you scotty!! i'm so excited. you'll be fine and i'm sure everyone will be jealous that still has to wear glasses.

Jeff said...

Great Scott! How many fingers am I holding up?

Just kidding--That's too cool. Hope everything went well. Lately, it seems like I'll soon be joining the ranks of the "bespectacled"--Maybe I'll have to look into LAISK in a couple of years.