Sunday, December 03, 2006

Viva, Las Legas, Baby!

Do you like my allusion to your blog, Amy?

Here Britta and I are in Sin City, Nevada (actually, Henderson) in a nice hotel room. I was really quite scared at what I was going to get for my price range here. (I read some reviews of hotels around here and the customers talked about prostitutes, dirty and dingy run-down rooms, and I just wasn't looking forward to it.) Anyhow, we got into a Holiday Inn Express. And I paid significantly less than I was afraid I would have to. Thank you Priceline!

We are here because I am interviewing for medical school at Touro University, an osteopathic school. This is a relatively young school, a subsidary of the Touro University system based out of New York, with another campus in California, which is one of the top-rated schools (the California one) for primary care medicine in the US. I figure that if they ask me why I want to be a doctor on Monday, I could tell them that I feel like I can do anything, because "I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." I wonder if that will work.

On the drive here Britta and I were thinking of what ridiculous, middle-school level nickname we would be given by the paparazzi if we were a celebrity couple. . . you know, like TomKat, Bennifer, or Brangelina. . . (thank goodness we aren't celebrities at all, who could really live with a monniker like that?) After tossing around a couple, and thinking of some for our siblings, we came up with one we liked. From now on, you may call us "the U.K." (see if you can figure it out). "Your Majesties" would be fine, too, afterall, we did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking your name would be either Brott or Scitta...

nettie said...

I totally don't know what U.K. is...please tell...

So what names did you come up with for your siblings?

Scott said...

a little more thought into the uk is needed before we reveal it.

You guys are Jetti-mo!

Anonymous said...

good luck on monday. was unr able to reschedule? what was our name?

Valerie said...

The "un-kids"...the "under-roo kind"...the "ultimate kazoo"?

The "uncle kabobs", the "united kissers", the "university kinks", the "unselfish kin"...

???????

Britta said...

Alisha, you and Jeff were hard. We settled on Jillisheff. And UNR did reschedule for next Monday. We'll be able to spend a whole weekend. It will be nice.

Val, the "under-roo kind"? creative... but the U.K. is for the United Kingdom. Can you figure out why? Your name was Valerames.

Anonymous said...

we would like to be called Sarettol... I can not figure out why you are UK- all I can think of is "unkind killers" and I know that can't be it!

Britta said...

The United Kingdom consists mostly of Brits and Scots. Of course there are a few Welsh and Northern Irish, but the majority of the U.K. is Brits and Scots. We thought we'd fit in quite nicely.

Valerie said...

Okay...so our kids are starting to feel slighted that they were not included in our name.

U.K...yes! I went as far from the obvious as I could, I guess. ;) I had fun trying.

Anonymous said...

Always up for a game, as soon as I read U.K. I started thinking of why before I could even read any further. The first thought I had when I saw U.K was Britain and Scotland but now I know U.K. really is for Big Ben (all the benjamins rolling in from scott the doctor) and Buckingham Palace that will one day be furnished with Brittas art. So what was our name?

--brett

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

Valerie - if we were to include your kids' names, ti would be something like Valer-am-iz-eth-achel-oline. Sounds like a gasoline additive. "Chevroco! Now with valeramizethacheloline! Guaranteed to draw with crayons in the backseat cupholders!"
You can have it your way, I guess. (I kind of like it.)

Scott said...

btw- I think that interview went pretty well from my side. I really liked the school and would love to attend if they accept me. I should know in about a week.

Valerie said...

lol...you guys are great. It'll be exciting to hear where you're headed!

Britta said...

Brett, since Sarah wants to go by "Sarettol" I didn't even bother putting yours in. I like hers better than what we thought up. Ours was something like Sarlivett.