Sunday, December 10, 2006

Of skunks, schools, and stilettos

We arrived in Nevada on Friday and guess who came out to greet us? Pepe Le Pew! (We think he's in love with T.J., Alisha's cat, who is black and white, after all.) Gary and Scott tried all sorts of fun things to try and get him out of the garage without being invasive, but this skunk was very small and could squeeze into another smaller, more secluded place. At last we looked on the internet and discovered that skunks don't like the smell of ammonia. Go figure. They don't seem to mind their own smell, but their touchy little noses can be picky about others. So we put out a bowl of ammonia with a rag in it (to help perpetuate evaporation) a couple feet away from his hiding place, and he was gone by morning. And he didn't leave any offending smell aside from the residual ammonia.

On another note, Scott got me my first pair of stiletto heels ever for my birthday this year! It took me a few days to be able to walk in them without the constant feeling that someone was trying to trip me. Now that I'm more used to them, I feel like I have attractive feet and I'm fashionable all at the same time. (For those of you with normal sized feet, when you wear a size 11 shoe, it's quite an occasion to find fashionable and attractive shoes that fit.)

Tomorrow is another big day for Scott with an interview in Reno. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think your feet are very attractive britta!! t.j. desereves some love too!!! even if it's from a cute skunk. :)