Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

I have so much to be thankful for.
A handsome, hard-working, helpful husband who loves me,

Two adorable children, a family that is connected through eternity,

Basic necessities always abundant: food, shelter, clothing, indoor plumbing! heat in the winter and cool air in the summer,

A healthy and capable body, intelligence, competence, creativity, music

Knowledge of truth and reality, a testimony of Jesus Christ, the whole plan of why we're here and where we're going. I'm so grateful for life and mortality. I'm so grateful for beauty and truth. I'm so grateful for friends and family. Perhaps this sounds a little generic, but I genuinely feel so grateful for each of these things, along with so much more. I am so blessed! I hope you each had a Happy Thanksgiving and may our hearts be full of gratitude all year.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen.

thomasfamily said...

Britta-
I just saw that you had a baby boy. He is so cute and I can't believe how big Grace is getting. You guys look very happy. Good luck with the match and everything coming up.

Anonymous said...

An we are very thankful for you, my dear..
Dad

Trent said...

I love the line about indoor plumbing. I often tell myself the same thing.
A number of years ago I was taking a political science class and I was discussing how good our living conditions are. The other students couldn't wrap their minds around the fact that more than a third of the world population doesn't have indoor plumbing. Poverty in the US is soo different to poverty in a third world.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Britta! Thanks for the tender thoughts.

Kali

Emily said...

Ditto.

Your family pictures are so beautiful. I love them.

And I'm thankful for you. What a lovely friend you are.

Happy Birthday today!

Alisha said...

your family pics are so nice

Karen K. said...

Nothing generic about it. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I can see the love in the photos. Thank you.