Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I love Grace

She's awesome. I was rummaging through my photos for the past two months and am giddy from looking at this adorable baby. I love this girl. She's so much fun. She's a natural climber. She's started to climb on everything. She's also exploring everything.
She opens cupboards and drawers, discovering everything soft, hard, rough, slimy. It's so fun to watch her discover! She loves holes. She puts her fingers in every sort of hole she can find.
She's just learned how to kiss and it melts our hearts! She's also learned her first word: Duck. She identifies ducks in pictures and toys and gets so excited! She also says many variations of single syllable words ending in a k sound: luck, luke, yuck, muck... etc.
She loves black beans and applesauce. She loves being outside. She points to what she wants. She waves goodbye--sometimes. She rarely does anything on command.
I am such a new mother. I love doting over my baby. Congratulations if you made it to the end!

5 comments:

Kristen P. said...

She totally worth doting over. And of course I made it to the end; she is adorable. I am jealous though. Not just of you but pretty much anyone who has a babe that talks. Ben says nothing really. By this point Sam was actually communicating. Oh, well, I'll keep waiting. And to make this even longer, I'll take whatever pics of Grace you want to share. I love her face!

Alisha said...

of-course i made it to the end! she is fun to look at! i love that her nose a bit orange in that first pic. both my girls got that.
miss you all.

Kristen P. said...

orange veggies = orange nose. I promise it's true.

Britta said...

She does eat orange veggies, but I think the bigger thing is the rubbing. She loves to cuddle her face into anything by pushing her nose against it and rubbing back and forth. She gets a thin callous on her nose that add to the orange tint.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Cute. Cute. Cute. I love doting mothers. It's so fun to see such great Grace pictures.