Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcome home

We arrived in our new house on Tuesday night.  After a night of camping indoors because we didn't have anything but pillows and sleeping bags (and no running water) Britta and I awoke at 6:30 am and promptly fell back asleep for another two hours.  After arranging to have our water turned on early Wednesday afternoon, we discovered that the truck shipping our belongings would arrive around 2:00 pm and the local Elder's Quorum Moving Company would be here shortly thereafter.

Now, after a day of unpacking and sorting, here is a grand tour of our new place.  The front room is the biggest room in the house and, as such, gets two pictures.  Firstly, facing the front of the house in the north cardinal direction:
then, in the south-facing direction:
This next picture is of the most important room in the house: the kitchen (again, facing south).
Next is the master bedroom (picture taken facing east):
And finally, the 2nd bedroom, to be Britta's office (facing south-east, for variety's sake):
So, there you have it.  We still have a bit of unpacking and sorting out to do, but we do feel a bit more at home now that we have some furniture and wall-hangings, and food, and running water, and more clothes, and lots and lots of cardboard boxes and crumpled paper filler . . . Maybe I should now take my weekly shower.  For Britta's sake.

I think I will.

So, 'til next time, over and out.

8 comments:

Karen K. said...

I didn't see a bathroom... I'm assuming there is one since you're considering a shower. ;) Very cute place. I wish you many happy times and the making of very happy memories.

Kristen P. said...

Cute little house!!! I think that everyone should be able to say, "Remember when we lived in that little house..." Jon and I do have fond memories of our little house in someone else's backyard.

Amy said...

Are we supposed to notice Britta's Van Gogh-esque painting hanging in EVERY SHOT?

Were you just trying to decide where to hang it, or do you have five of those?

Ryan said...

What a cute house! Now the fun has just begun (unpacking/organizing)

Karen K. said...

Oh that is HILARIOUS! That painting is in every photo. I wish I had been so observant...

bp said...

haha! thats what I thought amy! Very scott and britta-esque to play tricks with us

Scott said...

Funny, huh? Here's a clue:
"If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy which one would you think like dolphins most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong though. Its Hambone." Jack Handy

Dolphins = joke with pictures
Flippy = Scott
Hambone = Britta

Anonymous said...

lol